Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chapter II: Past

This path is long, We've been walking for what appears to be hours, yet no trace of the tree.
I feel lost. Kind of reminds me of the time I joined Connection.

I had just started out as a nest. I had no idea how it all worked, but I was not one to question a good opportunity. Besides the birds that were crawling trough my body I had no one. I didn't know all the tricks & tactics regarding battle. Which is why it didn't take long for me to be cornered in an alley by a slenderproxy. I was as good as dead if it hadn't been for Xerxes, who snapped the proxy's neck.
He saved my life. He didn't talk to me, he never talks. But, Scarecrow,who was watching from the roof, explained Connection to me.

I loved the idea, seemed kind of like a friendly group that looked out for each other. It wasn't until I joined Connection that I become stronger, learned to use my power the right way.

We were like the real-life version of the Teen Titan only more evil-ish. We of course had standards, it's not as if we went around killing children for the fun of it. We did what was necessary to get what we wanted, if somebody had to die for that we accepted that. If however children were involved, we usually stopped the operation. Nothing is worth killing a child over. I have done unspeakable acts on humans & servants, but I will be damned if I kill a child.
Children aren't pathetic yet, they have yet to prove themselves. Some of them might become servants one day, why would I take that away from them?

The Smiling Man always asks me why I'm a part of Connection. The Smiling Man is a deity that has tried to get me to join him since I kind of made a name for myself among the eldritch deities. He wants me to become his right hand, his Rose Bride. I always rejected him, but asked him to keep the offer open. One should always leave offers open, you never know when they might become life-saving. 

Now to find that tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment